27 Desember 2010

» Home » Google Trends » 49ers coaching change: Jed York speaks

49ers coaching change: Jed York speaks

think you’re all aware that Mike Singletary has been dismissed as head coach of the san Francisco 49ers. I want to reiterate my respect for Mike as an individual. I’ve learned a lot with Mike the last few years with him being at the San Francisco 49ers.

Jim Tomsula is taking over as the interim head coach for this week. And I want to address why did we make this decision now and what are we looking forward to in the future.
Obviously we had expectations of being a playoff-caliber team this year. Whether we were a 7-9 division winner or not didn’t matter to me. I wanted to make sure that the san Francisco 49ers had an opportunity to compete for a super bowl, which I felt like we had every expectation to do that. When that was not realized, I wanted to make sure we were setting ourselves up for the remainder of the season but more importantly for next season. And when we look at next season, there are a lot of things that are uncertain – the labor issues, I’m not sure when our players are going to be back next season, so I wanted to make sure we didn’t have a coaching turnover, coaching change going into that. I wanted to make sure that this week and immediately following our last game we’re focusing on our players.